Paris, you had me at Bonjour!  

Posted in , , , , , , ,

I'm riding on the train back to Viterbo from the FCO airport, this usually takes about 2 1/2 hours so I've been compelled to write about my adventures in Paris the weekend of Dec 8-11.  To back track a bit my boyfriend is here visiting from the states and I cannot express how good it feels to have not only a familiar face from back home with me, but also the love of my life. Anywho we decided to go to Paris for the weekend. Of course I was completely excited, but it didn't settle in until we were on the airplane. Actually until we had arrived in France and I did not know any of the language. This is when I realized that a new adventure was beginning. (Just as a fyi I currently speak Italian, Spanish, and English and my adventures so far haven't necessarily pushed my linguistic capabilities to a point where I am terrified)

I finaly understand how some of the other students in my program felt when they first came abroad. Why coming to a new land where you don't know the language can be both intimidating and invigerating. I found myself making a game out of it. Trying to understand what the French passerbyers where saying and conveying to the baker, the waitress, and the information booths at the metro what I wanted. I realized that hand jesters and patience are a travellers best friend. 

Now onto Paris and its undescribable beauty. I can honestly say that I am madly in love with this city. There is so much to do and admire. The history, the architech, the signifigance, and the people are vastly fascinating. Yes, the people are really their own special breed there. The Parisians have a certain mystery to them that I would like to futher investigate. The woman are gorgeous at every age and as far as I know there is a strong movement of men who know how to wear cologne just right. There is no denying that this is the fashion capital of the world and for good reason. 

Overall Paris was a delightful experience. I loved every minute of it and I can't wait for another opportunity to go back. 



The Louvre
I found her...Mona Lisa

Giuchie Giuchie ya ya da da...at the Moulin Rouge

Inside the Catacombs of Paris

Notre Dame
Ice Skating by the Eiffel Tower, how precious 
Arc du Triumph
Tasty Macaroons 
Au Revoir Paris at least for now

This entry was posted on Monday, January 02, 2012 and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger